Southwestern Beef Panini Recipe
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked beef roast au jus
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices firm Italian or sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 slices deli-style pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Prepare roast beef according to package directions; drain. Shred beef using 2 forks; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a panini grill with lid, cook pepper and onion in oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Top each slice with 1-2 slices of cheese, one-quarter of each shredded beef, pepper and onions, avocado and about 2 tablespoons sauce.
- 4. Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cover and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
1 each: 854 calories, 55g fat (26g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1482mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Beef Panini
"My husband raved about this panini for days.Not owning a panini pan I used a non-stick griddle. It came out great."