Southwestern Beef Panini Recipe
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked beef roast au jus
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices firm Italian or sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 slices deli-style pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Prepare roast beef according to package directions; drain. Shred beef using 2 forks; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a panini grill with lid, cook pepper and onion in oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Top each slice with 1-2 slices of cheese, one-quarter of each shredded beef, pepper and onions, avocado and about 2 tablespoons sauce.
- 4. Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cover and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
1 each: 854 calories, 55g fat (26g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1482mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 41g protein .
Reviews for Southwestern Beef Panini
"My husband raved about this panini for days.Not owning a panini pan I used a non-stick griddle. It came out great."