Southwestern Beef Panini Recipe
This fast favorite will hit the spot, particularly when you're short on time. Shredded beef, spicy Jack cheese and sauteed onion and green pepper are sandwiched between slices of hearty bread, then lightly grilled in a panini pan.
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked beef roast au jus
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices firm Italian or sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 slices deli-style pepper Jack cheese
- Prepare roast beef according to package directions; drain. Shred beef using 2 forks; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- In a panini grill with lid, cook pepper and onion in oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Top each slice with 1-2 slices of cheese, one-quarter of each shredded beef, pepper and onions, avocado and about 2 tablespoons sauce.
- Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cover and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Originally published as Southwestern Beef Panini in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2006, p15
Reviews for Southwestern Beef Panini(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
My husband raved about this panini for days.Not owning a panini pan I used a non-stick griddle. It came out great.