- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, onion, tomato and corn. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt and cumin. Pour dressing over the bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover salad and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Salad
"All i can say is yum. Will be making this again. Everyone enjoyed it."
"I have been making this recipe since I found it in the magazine years and years ago! We love it!"
"I've used this recipe many times and it is always a big hit. When my family does a beach day or weekend I always make this and potato salad. The bean salad can be eaten as a meal in itself or as a side with sandwiches or atop a salad as pictured on the recipe. I triple the recipe as I have a large family and it keeps in the fridge nicely, but I couldn't say for how long since it always disappears too quickly! (I've even topped scrambled eggs or tortilla chips with it) YUM!"
"I have been makeing this receipe since 1995."
"I didn't have quite enough salsa, so added some creamy salsa ranch bottled dressing and half a diced zucchini. I also omitted the corn, which some people in my family can't eat. This is a yummy recipe!"
"Tastes very good and my mother-in-law who usually doesn't like bean salad loved it . Our family agrees that it tastes better the next day."
"I've made this recipe for years. I love it, and have received compliments if I take it to a picnic. I also enjoy this salad in pita bread."