Southwestern Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, onion, tomato and corn. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt and cumin. Pour dressing over the bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover salad and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Salad(5)
Sort By :
I've used this recipe many times and it is always a big hit. When my family does a beach day or weekend I always make this and potato salad. The bean salad can be eaten as a meal in itself or as a side with sandwiches or atop a salad as pictured on the recipe. I triple the recipe as I have a large family and it keeps in the fridge nicely, but I couldn't say for how long since it always disappears too quickly! (I've even topped scrambled eggs or tortilla chips with it) YUM!
I have been makeing this receipe since 1995.
I didn't have quite enough salsa, so added some creamy salsa ranch bottled dressing and half a diced zucchini. I also omitted the corn, which some people in my family can't eat. This is a yummy recipe!
Tastes very good and my mother-in-law who usually doesn't like bean salad loved it . Our family agrees that it tastes better the next day.
I've made this recipe for years. I love it, and have received compliments if I take it to a picnic. I also enjoy this salad in pita bread.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Southwest Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >