Southwestern Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with chips. Yield: about 9 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Dip(2)
Sort By :
This was great to have while watching the game.
i make this often in my slowcooker until its heated through, its a hit everytime,its not spicy unless you add some hot sauce or chilles,or serve with jalopemos.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Cheese Dip >
- Bean Dip >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >