Southwestern Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with chips. Yield: about 9 cups.
2 tablespoon: 53 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Dip
"This was great to have while watching the game."
"i make this often in my slowcooker until its heated through, its a hit everytime,its not spicy unless you add some hot sauce or chilles,or serve with jalopemos."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.