Southwestern Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with chips. Yield: about 9 cups.
2 tablespoon: 53 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Dip
"This was great to have while watching the game."
"i make this often in my slowcooker until its heated through, its a hit everytime,its not spicy unless you add some hot sauce or chilles,or serve with jalopemos."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.