Southwestern Bean Dip
Just by using different types of beans, you can make this dip as spicy as you like it. My family could eat this as a complete meal.—Jeanne Shear, Sabetha, Kansas
72 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until
- crumbly; set aside.
- In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to
- beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Serve warm with chips. Yield: about 9 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 53 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.