Just by using different types of beans, you can make this dip as spicy as you like it. My family could eat this as a complete meal.—Jeanne Shear, Sabetha, Kansas
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with chips. Yield: about 9 cups.
Originally published as Southwestern Bean Dip in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review