Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad Recipe
"We enjoy fajitas and tacos, but finding a good side dish to go with them wasn't easy...until this recipe came along," writes Stephenie Liston of Ankeny, Iowa.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, green pepper and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 154 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC