Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, green pepper and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad
"I was looking for a quick side dish to make for my cousin's cookout, and I stumbled upon this little gem. It was incredibly quick and easy, and the best part is that it's a low-calorie recipe!"