"We enjoy fajitas and tacos, but finding a good side dish to go with them wasn't easy...until this recipe came along," writes Stephenie Liston of Ankeny, Iowa.
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, green pepper and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Toss before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p45
Reviews for Southwestern Bean and Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review