Three kinds of beans and a host of seasonings make this version of baked beans a winner. Southwest flavors dominate in this dish that's perfect with grilled chicken. Leslie Adams - Springfield, Missouri
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Baked Beans in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p17
Reviews for Southwestern Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review