Southwestern Backyard Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- Toppings of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Grill buns, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.