Southwestern Appetizer Triangles Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
- Additional salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, cheese, salsa and jalapenos. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a teaspoonful of beef mixture in the center of one wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold wonton in half, forming a triangle; press edges to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with additional salsa. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Appetizer Triangles(7)
Sort By :
It seemed to be missing something; we added 2 TB of taco seasoning. Also, I didn't have wonton wrappers. Egg Roll wraps worked but weren't as crispy as the original.
A little time involved but well worth it. I am going to make some up and freeze.
I gave this a three, because I felt that the weight of the heavy filling over-powered the delicate wonton wrap. I redid this recipe using regular pie dough and the canned biscuit dough, I just fried them a little longer at 350 degrees. The flavour and meatiness of the alternative dough was able to hold up the the heavy filling. But a great idea! Filling very flavorfull!
The filling was delicious! I left out the refried beans and replaced the jalepenos with green chilis. The wonton wrappers were too greasy for me. I will definitely make the filling again for nachos or enchiladas
The filling is fantastic, but the wrapper doesn't have enough substance or flavor. So, I will try it with a flour tortilla-mini burrito? We had filling left over which I made into burritos. Nummy!!!!!!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >