Southwest Zucchini Skillet Recipe
I like to serve this with corn bread. I also make sure to have extra salsa on hand for my husband—he likes his food spicy!—Cathy Barkley, De Beque, Colorado
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef with salt and onion; drain. Add zucchini, tomatoes and salsa. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add the corn and beans; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 344 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Zucchini Skillet
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
"very good use of zucchini."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC