Southwest Zucchini Skillet
I like to serve this with corn bread. I also make sure to have extra salsa on hand for my husband—he likes his food spicy!—Cathy Barkley, De Beque, Colorado
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with salt and onion; drain. Add
- zucchini, tomatoes and salsa. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or
- until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add the corn and beans; cook until
- heated through. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in sour cream;
- sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 867 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.