I like to serve this with corn bread. I also make sure to have extra salsa on hand for my husband—he likes his food spicy!—Cathy Barkley, De Beque, Colorado
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef with salt and onion; drain. Add zucchini, tomatoes and salsa. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add the corn and beans; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Zucchini Skillet in Country Ground Beef 1993, p81
Reviews for Southwest Zucchini Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
"very good use of zucchini."