Southwest Vegetarian Lentil Soup Recipe
Even self-avowed carnivores won’t miss the meat in this zippy dish. It’s chock-full of healthy ingredients that will keep you feeling satisfied.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are tender. Sprinkle with tofu, olives and green onions. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving: 278 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 13g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Vegetarian Lentil Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC