Southwest Turkey Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown turkey in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili, tomatoes, peppers, onion, salsa, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 238 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.