I made these turkey burgers with corn, green chiles and taco spice for my parents. They originally weren't sold on an untraditional burger, but they absolutely loved these! They get gobbled up quickly every time. —Katie Ring, Menasha, WI
Featured In: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 The Laughing Cow queso fresco chipotle cheese, halved
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Preheat broiler. Mix first four ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook burgers in batches over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until toasted, about 30 seconds. Spread tops with cheese. Serve burgers in buns with lettuce if desired.
Freeze option: Place uncooked patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes per side. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Southwest Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review