Southwest Turkey Bulgur Dinner Recipe
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, water, corn, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-18 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, green onion and cilantro. Serve with turkey mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Turkey Bulgur Dinner
Sort By :
"Tasted okay, but it was too one-dimensional. Cumin is really all I could taste. Used black beans instead of kidney beans and hot Rotel tomatoes instead of mild, so it was pretty spicy. Most likely will not make again. To anyone looking to make this, I recommend decreasing the cumin by half."
"I ended up doubling the amount of turkey, used quinoa instead of bulgur, and doubled the toppings, but overall it turned out fantastic! Even my husband, who is not a big fan of healthy recipes, really enjoyed it."