Southwest Tuna Noodle Bake Recipe
“None of my coworkers had ever tried tuna noodle casserole. Since we live near the Mexican border, they challenged me to make my version ‘culturally sensitive’ to the environment. After trying this dish, everyone wanted the recipe!” Sandra Crane - Las Cruces, NM
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, tuna, soups, cheese and chilies. Drain noodles; gently stir into tuna mixture.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 673 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Tuna Noodle Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC