Southwest Tuna Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, tuna, soups, cheese and chilies. Drain noodles; gently stir into tuna mixture.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 673 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1241mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Tuna Noodle Bake
"Make that ONE teaspoon of cumin!!"
"It was very bland, as another commenter said. I added 2 teaspoon of cumin and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, before I even put it in the oven, because it didn't seem to have enough flavor in the ingredients. It still needs something, haven't figured out what. Maybe salsa would have been better than the green chilies. I will keep looking for the perfect tuna noodle bake."
"It was pretty good. I had all ingredients on hand. Not very filling though."
"I made the recipe but I added 1/4 cup of onions and 1/4 of diced celery, I can of Mexicorn, an extra can of tuna and used mozzarella cheese instead of the cheddar cheese. It was so creamy and delicious!"
"This is a good recipe, I like to add jalapenos and pepper to spice it up a bit more"
"I agree that it needs to be spicier. I would add garbonzo beans or black beans and corn next time."
"I have made this recipe, but have always used Salsa Verde instead of green chilies. Tried it and it is good both ways."
"I made it using a can of cream of celery instead of the cream of mush. Definitely needed some onions."
"I made this and loved it but changed it up, instead of all the milk, I replaced with a cup of sour cream. I also added some onions and added chopped jalapenos and did 2 cups of cheese. It was much tastier and very satisfying."
"this,as written, is as bland as it comes. If i were to bother with it again i would need to seriously add some southwest spice to it. Just the green chilies & tortilla chips don't cut it. edible but boring."
"Sounds like a recipe my sister would make!!"
"Ohhh that sounds yummy and I'll give it a try."