Southwest Tortilla-Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon juice from pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, water, olives, taco seasoning and juice from jalapenos. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno. Remove from the heat and cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 565 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,693 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Tortilla-Turkey Skillet
"This was amazing. Instead of cooking the tortilla bits in we just wrapped it up in them and it was incredible!"