Southwest Tortilla Scramble Recipe
Here’s my version of a deconstructed breakfast burrito that’s actually good for you. Go for hefty corn tortillas in this recipe. Flour ones can get lost in the scramble. —Christine Schenher, Exeter, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs and pepper. Stir in tortillas, spinach and cheese.
- 2. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Top with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC