Southwest Tortilla Scramble Recipe
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs and pepper. Stir in tortillas, spinach and cheese.
- 2. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Top with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Southwest Tortilla Scramble
"Agreed. The torn corn tortilla added is not a good idea. Pretty basic recipe."
"I omitted sustituted the egg whites and added 2 whole eggs. Tossed in some leftover peppers and onions. I wasn't thrilled with the cut up corn tortillas, not sure if I'll make this again."
"Excellent! I made this for a friend visiting from England. I added just 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed and just a few small diced red and yellow pepper. So easy and quick."