- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), halved and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs and pepper. Stir in tortillas, spinach and cheese.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Top with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Tortilla Scramble
"Agreed. The torn corn tortilla added is not a good idea. Pretty basic recipe."
"I omitted sustituted the egg whites and added 2 whole eggs. Tossed in some leftover peppers and onions. I wasn't thrilled with the cut up corn tortillas, not sure if I'll make this again."
"Excellent! I made this for a friend visiting from England. I added just 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed and just a few small diced red and yellow pepper. So easy and quick."