Southwest Tortilla Pizzas
Here's a colorful and filling meal maker that couldn't be much quicker or easier to prepare on busy weeknights.
Martha Pollock - Oregonia, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place four
- tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with bean mixture to
- within 1/2 in. of the edges. Top with remaining tortillas. Spoon
- salsa over tops. Sprinkle with pepper, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 396 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,210 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein.