- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place four tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with bean mixture to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Top with remaining tortillas. Spoon salsa over tops. Sprinkle with pepper, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Tortilla Pizzas
"Great little individual pizzas. Made exactly as directed. Will make again. These would be great party food"
"I added ground beef to mine and that worked really well. I was hoping the tortillas would crisp a bit more than they did in the oven, so I might try them with crunchy tostadas next time."
"Awesome Pizza! The bean mixture reminds me of the fire bean dip from Don Pablo's. I will definitely be making this many more times! I love this recipe"
"These are surprisingly filling. I made a double batch and we couldn't finish eating them."
"I made these with corn tortillas to lower the fat and folded it like a gordito. Everyone thought they were excellent. I did use fat free refried beans and low fat cheese. Delicious!"