Southwest Tortilla Pizzas Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place four tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with bean mixture to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Top with remaining tortillas. Spoon salsa over tops. Sprinkle with pepper, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Tortilla Pizzas(9)
Sort By :
I added ground beef to mine and that worked really well. I was hoping the tortillas would crisp a bit more than they did in the oven, so I might try them with crunchy tostadas next time.
Awesome Pizza! The bean mixture reminds me of the fire bean dip from Don Pablo's. I will definitely be making this many more times! I love this recipe
I misread the directions and put everything inside the 2 tortillas. The cheese melted and the filling was hot inside. It was good but nothing exciting. Next time I'll read the directions better - lol!
These are surprisingly filling. I made a double batch and we couldn't finish eating them.
I made these with corn tortillas to lower the fat and folded it like a gordito. Everyone thought they were excellent. I did use fat free refried beans and low fat cheese. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >