Southwest Tilapia Recipe
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1. Place fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with tomatoes, corn, avocado, cheese and cilantro. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet equals 230 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.