Tilapia's mild, neutral taste takes on a creamy Southwestern flavor in this no-fail recipe. Cod and halibut also work well in this dish. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- Place fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with tomatoes, corn, avocado, cheese and cilantro. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Tilapia in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p170
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review