- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over pork chops. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine barbecue sauce and lemon juice; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwest Summer Pork Chops
"Very boring. Won't make again."
"light flavors , very good"
"This was very tasty."
"Kinda bland but Bon liked it"
"Delicious :) I went to Cedarville University actually...wish I had this recipe then"
"i LOVE the rub ingredients in this recipe and the chops were perfect. I will definitely use this one again !"