Make tonight fish night, and this festive recipe with a little zip will guarantee the night’s anything but boring! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwest-Style Cod for Two in Simple & Delicious
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest-Style Cod for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review