- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 cod fillet (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest-Style Cod for Two
Sort By :
"this is simple and delicious! it makes what would easily be a $20/person gourmet tasting meal. i added chopped celery and green olives w/pimentos because i didn't have black olives."
"Very good! I had all the ingredients on hand except the black olives. Tastes good without them, next time I will add them as I really like black olives. This is a keeper--quick and easy!"