- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, olives, cumin, pepper sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Southwest-Style Cod
Sort By :
I think she meant to write "green peppers"...
This was delicious. I used red bell pepper instead of green and added about half a TBS of hot sauce and a little salt. Both my husband and Iloved it!!
One reviewer mentioned green beans. Have I missed something? Didn't see any in the recipe.
I was pleasantly surprised! I had the ingrediants on hand so decided to try it. I had a lot of the sauce left over when done eating, so think I'll use it in another dish. We liked it very much
this dish was absolutely wonderful. we don't like green peppers so I used banana sweet peppers. we both loved it. thanks