"Our daughter served this tender chicken rolls to us a long time ago, and we've enjoyed them often since then," comments Alcy Thorne of Los Molinos, California. A zippy cheese filling gives them special flavor while a golden coating enhances their appearance.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Flatten chicken to /18-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick down the middle of each; top with chilies. Roll up and tuck in ends. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, chili powder, salt and cumin. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Place butter in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter and roll in crumb mixture.
- Place roll-ups, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Stuffed Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p56
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review