Southwest Stew Recipe
Our whole family loves foods spiced with picante sauce, so I developed this recipe! This dish is very quick and easy to make, and it also reheats well. Sometimes I add cooked, sliced potatoes to the stew for a little variety, too.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, mild, medium or hot
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC