Southwest Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, mild, medium or hot
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Southwest Stew
"This recipe is one of our favorites. We make it often using different kinds of beans."
"I will definitely make this again because it's so easy and all my family loved it."
"I thought this was a little bland, so I had to add some salt, fresh ground pepper, and Tobasco sauce. Maybe next time I'll use a hotter picante sauce. I didn't add the potatoes, but I can see how that would improve the taste."