- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, mild, medium or hot
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Stew
Sort By :
"I will definitely make this again because it's so easy and all my family loved it."
"I thought this was a little bland, so I had to add some salt, fresh ground pepper, and Tobasco sauce. Maybe next time I'll use a hotter picante sauce. I didn't add the potatoes, but I can see how that would improve the taste."