Southwest Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; spread over both sides of steaks. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef: 187 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Southwest Steak
"I thought this was a fantastic recipe, although whenever I make it I make sure to double the marinade."
"The meat was so tender and the marinade gave it a great flavor, without being too spicy. Just the right amount of heat."
"These are DELICIOUS!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.