Lime juice tenderizes the steak while garlic, chili powder and red pepper flakes kick things up. “My husband and I came up with this together as something lighter to make on the grill.” Caroline Shively - Alexandria, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; spread over both
- sides of steaks. Place in a large resealable plastic bag;
- refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill steaks, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 187 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,