Southwest Steak Salad
With its tangy combination of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar dressing, this hearty dish perks up your mouth and fills you up. Caroline Shively - Alexandria, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cooked Southwest Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients; set aside. In a
- large bowl, combine the salad greens, onion and peppers. Drizzle
- with dressing; toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Heat steak if
- desired; place over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 252 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.