Southwest Steak Quesadillas Recipe
Colorful peppers and onions make this fantastic dish look as great as it tastes. As an added bonus, folding over one larger tortilla (instead of using two smaller ones) saves you a few grams of fat. —Caroline Shively, Alexandria, Virginia
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cooked Southwest Steak, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Salsa, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the peppers and onion over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of tortilla. Top with a fourth of the steak, 1/3 cup pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1-1/2 teaspoons jalapeno.
- 3. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted; remove. Repeat for remaining quesadillas, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Steak Quesadillas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC