Southwest Steak Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cooked Southwest Steak, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Salsa, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the peppers and onion over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of tortilla. Top with a fourth of the steak, 1/3 cup pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1-1/2 teaspoons jalapeno.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted; remove. Repeat for remaining quesadillas, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Southwest Steak Quesadillas
Sort By :
This is my hubby's new favorite dish. Easy to prepare and great flavor. Yummo.