Southwest Steak Quesadillas Recipe
Colorful peppers and onions make this fantastic dish look as great as it tastes. As an added bonus, folding over one larger tortilla (instead of using two smaller ones) saves you a few grams of fat. —Caroline Shively, Alexandria, Virginia
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cooked Southwest Steak, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Salsa, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the peppers and onion over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of tortilla. Top with a fourth of the steak, 1/3 cup pepper mixture, 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1-1/2 teaspoons jalapeno.
- Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted; remove. Repeat for remaining quesadillas, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges; serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Steak Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwest Steak Quesadillas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
This is my hubby's new favorite dish. Easy to prepare and great flavor. Yummo.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >