- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef top round steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until almost tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; brush over steak. Mix brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne until blended; sprinkle over both sides of steak.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill potatoes and steak, covered, over medium heat 12-17 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted in beef reads 145° for medium-rare, turning occasionally.
- Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwest Steak & Potatoes
Sort By :
"Enjoyed the flavors in this - a nice twist to grilled steak. Yukon gold potatoes hold up well but need to be microwaved enough to cook fast when placed on the grill."
"This was very good. I had large potatoes and they should have been microwaved a bit longer as it took longer on the grill to get them done. I will make again"
"My husband loved this recipe and said he would definitely like to have it again. He's usually straight meat and potato-type; no fancy stuff, but this one really impressed!"