- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and chop.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese blend, chilies, vinegar and pepper sauce.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Spinach Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p14
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2012
"I would add a little salt. I made it for our Lifegroup tonight and people said it was good!"