- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well and chop.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and cream cheese until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese blend, chilies, vinegar and pepper sauce.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Spinach Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p14
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2012
I would add a little salt. I made it for our Lifegroup tonight and people said it was good!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >