- chili powder and salt.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short end
- facing you. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to
- prevent it from drying out.) Spray sheet with butter-flavored spray;
- cut into three 14-in. x 3-in. strips.
- Place a scant tablespoon of filling on lower corner of each strip.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then
- over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until
- you come to the end of the strip.
- Spritz end of dough with spray and press onto triangle to seal. Turn
- triangle and spritz top with spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and
- Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, mash
- avocado with the mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar. Serve with warm
- appetizers. Yield: 2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer with 1 teaspoon sauce equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.