Southwest Smothered Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each chicken breast with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 413 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.