Southwest Smothered Chicken
There's a fiesta in every bite of this tasty chicken dish. Let it spice up dinner tonight! If you're worried about the heat, simply reduce the amount of jalapenos. —Debbie Schaefer, Durand, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with cumin
- and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium
- heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with
- cheese and jalapenos. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Top each chicken breast with a dollop
- of sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 413 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven