There's a fiesta in every bite of this tasty chicken dish. Let it spice up dinner tonight! If you're worried about the heat, simply reduce the amount of jalapenos. —Debbie Schaefer, Durand, Michigan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each chicken breast with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Smothered Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Smothered Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review