- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn chips
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, rice, water, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Skillet
Sort By :
"I did add some extra spices like, cumin and Mrs. Dash. Then used chili cheese corn chips. I put the chips on the plate so they would not get soggy setting on top of this dish. Thanks for the recipe."
"my whole family enjoyed this very filling supper the only variation was i omitted the corn chips and used a mexican cheese blend will def be making again"