Southwest Skillet Corn
"This colorful stir-fried side complements any Mexican menu nicely," says Marilyn Smudzinski of Peru, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute red pepper and jalapeno in butter
- until tender. Add cumin; cook for 30 seconds. Add corn and cilantro;
- saute 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.