- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, salsa, green chilies and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 4-cup baking dish; sprinkle with corn.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes with butter and remaining salt and pepper. Spread over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Shepherd's Pie in Reminisce Extra May 2009, p52
Reviews for Southwest Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >