Southwest Scallop Salad Recipe
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 3 in. of water to a boil. Reduce heat. Add scallops; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, sugar, lime peel, salt and pepper. Stir in the green onion, cilantro and parsley. Dip avocado slices in lime juice mixture. Place on a plate; cover and refrigerate. Stir red peppers and scallops into lime juice mixture; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in chopped tomato. Serve on lettuce leaf-lined individual plates with tomato and avocado slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 276 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Southwest Scallop Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.