Taste buds tingle when I serve these tempting tortillas stuffed with a zesty mixture of chicken, refried beans, salsa and jalapeno peppers. It's a savory dish that makes any buffet a fiesta.
-Dean Schrock, Jacksonville, Florida
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a food processor; combine the first eight ingredients and 1/2 cup
- cheese; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over
- tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Serve
- with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.