Taste buds tingle when I serve these tempting tortillas stuffed with a zesty mixture of chicken, refried beans, salsa and jalapeno peppers. It's a savory dish that makes any buffet a fiesta. -Dean Schrock, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a food processor; combine the first eight ingredients and 1/2 cup cheese; cover and process until smooth. Spread evenly over tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Roll-ups in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southwest Roll-ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review